Tomato Herb Toast with Goat Cheese
- A loaf of good country-style bread, cut into thick slices and halved
- Good olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 Cypress Grove Mr. Natural goat cheese or your favorite brand of goat cheese, softened
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- A small handful of your favorite olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- A handful of dill leaves
- A handful of parsley, leaves
- A handful of chives, minced
- Champagne vinegar
- Black pepper
Toast your bread until the edges get a little charred. Drizzle with good olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Next, spread an even layer of goat cheese on each piece of bread. In a medium mixing bowl, place the tomatoes along with a handful of dill, parsley, chives, and olives. Splash a little champagne vinegar over it and then drizzle with olive oil. Mix gently to coat. Season with sea salt and black pepper and a squeeze of some fresh lemon juice. Taste.
Add salt, pepper, or more vinegar/lemon/olive oil as needed. Top each toast with a small handful of the tomato mixture. Finish with a little fresh black pepper.