Tangy Cabbage Slaw
- 1 medium cabbage (you can use green, purple, or a combo), core removed and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, scallions, and cilantro. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, place the apple cider vinegar, the maple syrup, and the toasted sesame oil. Whisk to combine. Add a pinch of sea salt and some black pepper. Pour the dressing over the cabbage and mix to combine. I like to massage the dressing into the cabbage a bit. Taste. Season with sea salt and black pepper if needed. Set aside for 15-30 minutes before serving so the cabbage can absorb some of the dressing. Goes well with Chicken Katsu.