Stone Fruit and Wild Blueberry Crisp
- 3 peaches, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 3 nectarines, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon or regular lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, coconut palm sugar, or cane sugar (optional depending on how sweet your fruit is)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, coconut palm sugar, or cane sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
(The topping can be made ahead of time and kept covered in the refrigerator for a few days or frozen for up to 3 months)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the peaches, nectarines, frozen blueberries, lemon juice, sugar (if using), and flour. Fold the fruit over a few times to combine. Pour the fruit into a baking dish that is roughly 9″x12”.
In another large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the topping. Using your hands, squeeze the butter and other ingredients together until small clumps are created. Pour the topping evenly over the fruit until it is covered.
Place the baking dish on a cookie sheet (this helps prevent fruit splatter and spills in the oven) and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the crisp is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
Remove the crisp from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. It is delicious served on its own or with vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream.