Roasted Veggie and Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + more for frying the eggs
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup leftover roasted vegetables (I used roasted cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (I like to make a large batch early in the week and keep it in the fridge for dishes like this)
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado, cut in half, pit removed, and sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Salsa for topping
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
In a medium nonstick pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender and translucent. Add the roasted veggies and cook for another minute or two to warm through. Add the spinach, stir to coat. Add the quinoa, a pinch of sea salt, and some freshly cracked black pepper. Stir to combine and continue cooking until the quinoa has softened and the dish is warmed through. If it seems dry, drizzle in a little more olive oil, as the quinoa will absorb some of it while reheating.
Once the quinoa is ready, remove the pan from the heat and divide the mixture between two individual bowls. Wipe the pan out, drizzle in a tablespoon of olive oil and place the pan over medium heat. Crack two eggs into the pan and season with sea salt. Fry the eggs until the yolk is to your liking. Remove the pan from the heat and add an egg to the top of each bowl. Add the sliced avocado, some salsa, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper before serving.