Nutty Seeded Granola
Makes about a quart
- 1 cup raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free rolled oats if you want to make it GF)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg white from a large egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries or dried wild blueberries (optional)
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the pecans, walnuts, pistachios, pepitas, hemp seeds, rolled oats, cinnamon, vanilla, and sea salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg white, maple syrup, and extra virgin olive oil until combined. Pour the wet mixture over the nut and oat mixture and stir to evenly coat.
Spread the granola mixture onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Cook for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the granola is golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Stir in your goji berries or dried blueberries if using. Store in an airtight container for up to 2-3 weeks.