Mixed Greens with Tomato, Mozzarella, and Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 lb mixed greens or wild arugula (or a mix of both)
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella, drained and cubed (I think goat cheese or feta could also work nicely in this salad)
- 1 jar (14.5oz) marinated artichokes, drained and cut into quarters
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 6 pepperoncini, stems and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced into rounds
- A good aged balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 a lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, place the mixed greens, tomatoes, mozzarella, marinated artichokes, pine nuts, pepperoncini, and chives.
Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil, some balsamic vinegar, and a little squeeze of lemon. Sprinkle with some sea salt and black pepper. Gently toss to coat. Taste. Repeat if needed until the salad is lightly dressed and seasoned to your liking.