Meyer Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 1 1/2 C organic cake flour, plus more for coating the pan
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 C plain organic whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 C organic sugar, divided
- 3 extra-large organic eggs
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest (use the zest of regular lemons– it is more potent than the Meyer lemon zest)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (no alcohol)
- 1/2 C grapeseed oil
- 1/3 C freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
For the glaze
- 1 C confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ loaf pan. Grease and flour the pan.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into one medium bowl. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cook 1/3 C lemon juice and 1/3 C sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove it from the pan and carefully place it on a baking rack. While the cake is warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. For the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.