Kale Salad with Miso Vinaigrette
Makes 2 entree or 4 appetizer servings
- 1 head of curly kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 scallions, trimmed, cut in half and thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 Persian cucumber, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1 Cara Cara or Navel orange, peeled and segmented
- Optional: If you want to add a protein, add 1 cup of shredded chicken to the salad.
- 1 2” piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons sweet white miso
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Juice from 1 small lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tsp water
In a large mixing bowl, combine the kale, carrot, scallions, cucumber, cashews, oranges, and chicken if you are adding a protein.
In a small mixing bowl, pour all of the ingredients for the dressing and whisk to combine.
Pour half the dressing into the large mixing bowl on the salad and start gently massaging the dressing into the kale, tossing the salad to coat. Taste. Add more dressing as needed until it is to your liking. Divide into individual bowls and serve.