Kale and Nectarine Salad with Ricotta Salata and Toasted Walnuts
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, washed, ribs removed, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 nectarine, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 C raw walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Ricotta salata
- Maldon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Make the vinaigrette first. In a bowl, combine the champagne vinegar, olive oil, and a little drizzle of honey. Whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, toss the kale with the vinaigrette to coat. With a microplane, grate a generous amount of ricotta salata onto the kale. Toss again, working the cheese and dressing into the kale.
Add the nectarines and walnuts. Taste. Add more ricotta salata, Maldon salt, and freshly ground black pepper until the flavor is just right, mixing as necessary. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve immediately.