Herb Lemon Rice
- 1 C uncooked basmati rice
- 1 3/4 C water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Italian parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp dill, roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, cut into thin rounds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
Place the rice in a medium pot. Rinse and drain with cold water until the water runs clear. Next, add 1 3/4 cup water for cooking, garlic clove, sea salt, and olive oil. Bring rice to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove it from the heat and let the rice sit for another 5 minutes.
Remove and discard the garlic clove. Add the parsley, dill, and scallion. Fluff with a fork, mixing the herbs into the rice. Add some freshly ground black pepper and the juice from 1/2 a lemon. Mix to combine and serve.