Gluten Free Oats and Groats Coconut Granola
- 2 C gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 C buckwheat groats
- 1 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 C raw red walnuts, chopped (regular walnuts are fine, too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 C maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 250°F. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to incorporate.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture onto the tray, spreading it out evenly. Bake for 1 hour.
Remove the granola from the oven and move it around on the tray with a spatula. Return the tray to the oven and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes. Cool and enjoy with yogurt, your favorite milk, or plain as a simple, easy snack.