Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Brownies
- 2 C all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur’s)
- 1 C high-quality cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 C avocado oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 C high quality maple syrup
- 1/2 C brown rice syrup
- 1/2 C coffee (decaf or regular), instant coffee and four sigmatic also work well
- 1/2 C alternative milk of choice (I usually use homemade almond milk)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9″x11″ baking dish with parchment paper and lightly oil the entire inside of the dish with avocado oil. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and sea salt together in a large mixing bowl.
In another medium bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, decaf coffee, almond milk, and vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, being careful not to overbeat the batter. Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the brownies cool before cutting them into squares. Eat as is or top with cold coconut whipped cream or your favorite dairy-free ice cream.