Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 C of carrots, peeled and cut into 1 pieces
- 3 C chicken or vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted pepitas (optional)
- Chives (optional)
In a medium soup pot, heat the coconut oil on medium. Add the onion, a pinch of sea salt, and saute until the onion softens and starts to turn slightly golden in color, about 10-15 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, stir to coat.
Next, add the coriander, cumin, and turmeric. Saute for another minute and then add the carrot, stock, some sea salt, and black pepper. With an immersion blender, blend until the soup is smooth. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Finish with some toasted pepitas and fresh chives.