Breakfast Potatoes with Shallots and Dill
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- Aged white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Meyer lemon or regular lemon
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
In a medium nonstick pan or cast iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and shallots, a sprinkle of sea salt, some freshly cracked black pepper, and stir to coat. Cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time to prevent the potatoes and onions from burning. Add the garlic, stir to coat, and cover again with the lid. Continue cooking and occasionally stirring the potatoes for another 5-8 minutes, or until they are tender and golden in color.
Once the potatoes are tender, give them a taste. Season with more salt and pepper if needed and remove the pan from the heat. Add the fresh dill, a drizzle of aged white balsamic vinegar, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir to combine and taste. Add more vinegar and lemon as needed.
Serve warm alongside your favorite breakfast items like fried eggs, sautéed kale, and fresh berries.